This hearty, alkaline-electric, plant-based "meatloaf "is made from a base of seasoned chickpeas baked up to perfection. It's not quite a classic "meatloaf", this Chickpea Loaf is better!
- 1 1/2 cups of finely diced onions
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon homemade natural granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 cup mushrooms (all kinds, except shiitake)
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large pan, sauté mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion in grapeseed oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in minced basil and remove from heat. Stir in seasonings.
- Coarsely chop chickpeas in a food processor or by hand. Stir into sautéed vegetables. Add spelt flour and mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan with grapeseed oil. Bake uncovered at 350 °F for 55 to 60 minutes.