The Cucumber Basil Gazpacho is a creamy-tasting chilled soup is a natural for serving as an appetizer in small glasses or as a light lunch or supper on hot summer days.
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 seeded cucumber: skin left on, seeds removed
- 2 small handfuls fresh basil
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 1 key lime
- To prepare this chilled soup or "gazpacho". Refrigerate all ingredients until cold.
- Place chilled ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth, allowing a few specks of green to remain throughout.
- Return the soup to the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with thinly sliced cucumber circles and basil leaves.
Enjoyed this recipe? Try the Immunity Boosting Soup next!