The weather is getting hotter, so how about firing up the grill for these incredible Juicy Portobello Mushroom Burgers? Make sure you serve these plant-based burgers on top of approved-grain buns, like those made from kamut, spelt or quinoa.
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup purslane
- Slice the mushroom stems off and slice off about 1/2" of the mushroom top (as if slicing a bun).
- Combine olive oil, onion powder, basil, oregano and Cayenne pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps on a cookie sheet with foil and a little grapeseed oil (to prevent sticking).
- With a large spoon, pour marinade over each mushroom cap and allow to sit about 10 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425*F and bake mushrooms for about 10 mins, check the level of preparedness before flipping them to bake another 10 mins.
- Place the bottom of the mushroom cap on a plate - add your choice of toppings - and top with the top portion of the baked mushroom cap.
Pair these juicy, plant-based, portobello mushroom burgers with the incredible Dr. Sebi's Cherry Milkshake!