With its nutty flavor, Kamut, which is also called Khorasan wheat, makes a worthwhile addition to your diet. Packed with fiber and minerals like magnesium, selenium, manganese, and zinc, Kamut porridge makes a filling, delicious breakfast.
- 1 cup (7 ounces) Kamut
- 3 3/4 cups homemade walnut milk or soft-jelly coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- On a high-speed blender or food processor, mill the Kamut until you have about 1 1/4 cups of cracked Kamut.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cracked Kamut, walnut or coconut milk, and sea salt and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened to your liking, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in coconut oil and agave syrup. Garnish with fresh fruit if desired, and enjoy your Kamut porridge!
Is the weather too hot to have porridge for breakfast? Do you feel like eating something cooler? Try this Fruity Smoothie Bowl next!