This recipe for Stewed Okra and Tomatoes is cheap, easy, and it makes great leftovers! Eat it on top of quinoa or wild rice for a super nutritious alkaline-electric meal!
- 2 cups fresh okra
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup fresh spring water
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice the onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet, and add the chopped onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Once the onions become translucent, add the okra and spring water. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the chopped cherry tomatoes and simmer for an additional 20 minutes or until okra is cooked through.
- Add sea salt and pepper, to taste.