Who says you can't enjoy burgers on a plant-based diet?
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cooked amaranth
- 2 tablespoons fresh (approved) herbs of your choice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Vegetables of your choice for serving: cherry tomatoes, green (approved) leaves like wild arugula, watercress or lettuce, etc.
- 1 tablespoon per patty of raw homemade sesame "tahini" butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the onion and herbs in a food processor. Pulse until they are finely chopped. Add your chickpeas, quinoa, and amaranth, and continue to pulse. Don't puree the mixture; you want it to be a little chunky.
- Add sea salt and cayenne pepper, and process until a dough begins to form. Add water while the food processor is running and the dough comes together. You want the mixture to be sticky, not runny or dry. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, separate the mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
- Place your patties on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip halfway through and finish with a quick 2 - 3-minute broil to get the patties nice and browned.
- Serve in an approved-flour bun with homemade raw sesame "tahini" butter and wild arugula, watercress or lettuce.
Did you enjoy Dr. Sebi's Plant-Based Chickpea Quinoa Burgers? Let us know what you think about them in Dr. Sebi's Official Facebook Page!