Roasted Chickpea Avocado Toast with a drizzle of "tahini" dressing makes a great healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Turn it into a sandwich and take it on the road as a snack, it will keep you full and alkaline all summer long.
For the chickpeas
- 2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cooked
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon habanero powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
For the tahini dressing
- 1/3 cup raw sesame "tahini" butter
- 1 1/2 key limes, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
For the avocado toast
- 4 slices approved-grain bread (for example, rye, spelt, or amaranth)
- 2 large avocados
- Juice of 1 key lime
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, avocado oil, habanero powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Stir until chickpeas are well coated. Place on a large baking sheet and roast the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, make the tahini dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the raw sesame "tahini" butter, key lime juice, and water. Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more water and whisk again.
- Remove the pits from the avocados and discard them. Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon and place it into a medium bowl. Add key lime juice and mash with a fork. Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the approved-grain bread slices. Top with roasted chickpeas and a drizzle of tahini dressing. Serve immediately.