Comfort food is typically dense and filling, warming us up on the inside. This colorful collection of dishes blends creamy, succulent, and tender textures infused with rich flavors and buttery tones. Spicy seasonal sesame squash and creamy citrus greens are the perfect sides to the Italian inspired baked avocado with salsa.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 medium squash
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Pinch of sea salt and cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cut the squash into small cubes of approximately 1cm.
- Season with a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
- Sauté on low heat in sesame oil for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Toast sesame seeds in a hot 'dry' frying pan until they start to 'pop'
- Take off heat and sprinkle seeds over the squash before serving.