Are you craving tacos? Try this plant-based, alkaline electric option! This Mexican-inspired dinner is a simple, flavorful, and fulfilling meal that comes together in less than 15 minutes!
- 2-3 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- Juice of 1/2 key lime
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 6 corn-free tortillas (look for tortillas made with approved grains, like these kamut flour tortillas)
- Your choice of approved seasonings (onion powder, habanero, cayenne pepper)
- Remove stems of mushrooms, spoon out gills if desired, and wipe tops clean. Cut into about 1/3 inch thick slices.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil and peppers and onions. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and seasonings. Stir occasionally, cook another 7-8 minutes or until softened.
- Warm tortillas and spoon the fajita mixture into the center of tortillas. Serve with avocado and key lime juice.