Dandelion greens are used in traditional medicine to treat many ailments. Recent studies have shown that dandelion kills certain bacteria and other microbes, and it even has anti-cancer properties! Try them in a salad that mixes sweet and savory flavors with heavenly results!
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 10 ripe strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp. key lime juice
- 4 cups dandelion greens
- Sea salt to taste
- Warm grapeseed oil over medium heat in a 12-inch nonstick frying pan. Add sliced onions along with a good pinch of sea salt. Cook, stirring often, until onions are soft, lightly brown, and reduced to about 1/3 of raw volume.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberry slices with 1 teaspoon of key lime juice. Wash dandelion greens and cut into bite-sized pieces if you like.
- When the onions are nearly done, add the remaining key lime juice to the pan and continue cooking until it has thickened to coat the onions, a minute or two. Remove onions from heat.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, onions and strawberries with all their juices. Sprinkle with sea salt.