Dandelion greens are used in traditional medicine to treat many ailments. Recent studies have shown that dandelion kills certain bacteria and other microbes, and it even has anti-cancer properties! Try them in a salad that mixes sweet and savory flavors with heavenly results!
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 10 ripe strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp. key lime juice
- 4 cups dandelion greens
- Sea salt to taste
- Warm grapeseed oil over medium heat in a 12-inch nonstick frying pan. Add sliced onions along with a good pinch of sea salt. Cook, stirring often, until onions are soft, lightly brown, and reduced to about 1/3 of raw volume.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberry slices with 1 teaspoon of key lime juice. Wash dandelion greens and cut into bite-sized pieces if you like.
- When the onions are nearly done, add the remaining key lime juice to the pan and continue cooking until it has thickened to coat the onions, a minute or two. Remove onions from heat.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, onions and strawberries with all their juices. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Try Dr. Sebi's Grilled Romaine Lettuce Salad next, and share with us which one you enjoyed more in Dr. Sebi's Official Facebook Page.