This 10-minute french toast is so easy to make, using everyday ingredients. You'll love this incredibly crisp, thick and perfect breakfast!
- 1 cup homemade soft-jelly coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon date sugar
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 6-8 slices thick sliced spelt or rye bread
- 2-3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- For serving: agave syrup and your preferred approved fresh fruit.
- In a shallow bowl, wide enough to hold a piece of bread, whisk together the homemade soft-jelly coconut milk, chickpea flour, and date sugar.
- Add a little bit of grapeseed oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Whisk the batter again right before dipping bread, as the chickpea flour will settle to the bottom of the bowl.
- Dip each side of the bread in the batter and let soak for about 10 seconds, then add the bread to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add more grapeseed oil to the pan as needed in between pieces of bread.
- Serve with agave syrup and fresh fruit, if desired.