Pamper yourself with an italian inspired meal: chickpea meatballs!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup (approved) breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped sweet basil
- Grapeseed oil for brushing
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor along with the chopped onion and tomatoes. Process until smooth.
- Add dried basil, thyme, sea salt and cayenne pepper to the mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add breadcrumbs and fresh chopped sweet basil, and mix in. Use your hands to form it into a dough.
- Scoop roughly tablespoon sized amounts of dough, roll them into balls and place evenly onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 15 minutes so that the balls can firm up.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and lightly brush each ball with grapeseed oil.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, turning the balls over once at the 10 minute mark.
- Enjoy over approved-grain pasta with homemade tomato sauce!