Baking can be relaxing and conforting, especially when it's something as easy and delicious as this one-bowl banana bread.
- 3 ripe burro bananas
- 1/4 heaping cup homemade sesame "tahini" butter or other approved nut butter
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup homemade walnut milk
- 1 ¾ cup ground walnuts
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with grapeseed oil.
- Mash the banana and add tahini or walnut butter, grapeseed oil, date sugar, agave syrup, sea salt, and walnut milk and whisk to combine.
- Add ground walnuts and spelt flour and stir well to combine. Lastly, add half of the walnuts and stir to combine.
- Pour into the pan and smooth with a spoon. Top with remaining walnuts. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. When done, the loaf should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top (see photo). A toothpick or knife should come out clean (or with very few crumbs).
- Let rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully loosen sides with a knife or pull up on the parchment paper to transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before cutting or it will be tender and tend to crumble. It’s even better the next day!