This Baked Avocado with Fresh Salsa works as a party appetizer, side dish, or mid-afternoon snack. Basically, it's good any time of day.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 large avocados
- 1 oz chopped fresh basil (1 teaspoon of dried)
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes or 30 cherry tomatoes
- 4 small onions
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Chop the tomatoes and onions into small pieces.
- Add sea salt and cayenne pepper to the onion and tomato mix.
- Cut 2 avocados in half and remove the stone.
- Fill each avocado half with the tomato mixture.
- Bake in a cool oven (150 °C /300 °F for 30mins)
- Serve with sides already on the plate or separately.