If you have gluten sensitivity or gluten intolerance, but you miss bread, this quinoa bread is for you! More than just an alternative to wheat bread, Dr. Sebi's Fantastic Quinoa Bread is really good for you, too!
- 300 g (10 ½ oz or 1 3/4 cups) whole uncooked quinoa seed
- 1/2 cup water
- 60 ml (2 fl oz / ¼ cup) grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 key lime, juiced
- Soak quinoa in plenty of cold water overnight in the fridge. Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- Drain the quinoa and rinse really well through a sieve. Make sure the water is fully drained from your sieve. Place the quinoa into a food processor.
- Add ½ cup of water, grapeseed oil, sea salt, and key lime juice.
- Mix in a food processor for 3 minutes. The bread mix should resemble a batter consistency with some whole quinoa still left in the mix.
- Spoon into a loaf tin lined with baking paper on all sides and the base.
- Bake for 1 ½ hour until firm to touch and bounces back when pressed with your fingers.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes in the tin... then remove from the tin and cool completely on a rack. The bread should be slightly moist in the middle and crisp on the outside.
- Cool completely before eating… and enjoy!