Hummus is the ultimate healthy snack to have on hand. Chickpeas and red peppers are really nutritious and healthy. They are high in minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 3 tablespoons homemade tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- Sea salt and Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Place the red bell pepper on the stove broiler and roast until the skin has become charred. Remove from fire and place in a plastic bag and wait for 10-15 minutes until they are cool enough to handle; then, remove the skin.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lime juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps "whip" or "cream" the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
- Add the olive oil, chickpeas, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
This red pepper chickpea hummus would be an amazing topping for this Plant-Based Quinoa Bowl.
Join Dr. Sebi's Official Community on Facebook and let us know what you thought about this recipe!