This recipe is delicious and perfect to use any leftover vegetables you might have in your kitchen.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow), diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp basil, chopped
- 1 tsp key lime juice
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups homemade approved-vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, for serving
- Sea salt, to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan and gently cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1 tbsp of diced pepper, then add the remainder of the pepper along with the zucchini, cayenne pepper, and basil to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the key lime juice and after 2 minutes, add the tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Gently simmer until the vegetables are cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Either leave the soup as a rustic, chunky vegetable broth or use a handheld blender to blend until smooth.
- Season with cayenne pepper and sea salt, and serve topped with the reserved diced pepper and sesame seeds.