Mushrooms are packed with nutrients that uplift your mood and boost your immune system.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 lbs. mushrooms (cremini or white), sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- 4 cups homemade approved vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons spelt flour
- 1 ½ cups homemade walnut milk
- Sea salt & cayenne pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup of your favorite approved herbs
- In a large pot, heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat and saute the onions for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. In the last five minutes, add the walnut milk and continue cooking for five minutes.
- Mix the spelt flour with cool water. Add to the soup and stir frequently for 1 – 2 minutes until the soup slightly thickens.
- Season with sea salt and cayenne pepper.