You'll love Dr. Sebi's Magic Green Falafels Recipe! It is quick and easy to make, super flavorful, alkaline-electric, and no frying required.
- 2 cups dry garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- Grapeseed or avocado oil for frying
- To make your Magic Green Falafels, begin by cooking the chickpeas until soft. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor along with all the other ingredients: onion, red bell pepper, fresh herbs, sea salt, oregano, and flour.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped and a coarse meal forms. Scrape down the sides and pulse again until the texture looks like a fine meal. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Using your hands, form small balls, or thick discs and place them on a place lined with parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Fill a large skillet with oil, you want a depth of about 1 inch. Heat over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. When the oil is hot, fry the Magic Green Falafels for 2-3 minutes per side.
If you enjoyed Dr. Sebi's Magic Green Falafels, head over to Dr. Sebi's Official Facebook Page and let us know what you thought! (tip: they'd taste amazing paired with Dr. Sebi's Mango Salad!)